Let’s face it, even pre-pandemic, self-care is something we crave, we need for our mental health, and quite frankly, most of us don’t get enough of. Regardless of whether you are a stay-at-home mom, self-employed or work outside the home, YOU. ARE. BUSY. You’re some combination of parent, caretaker, partner, housekeeper, landscaper, family accountant, cook and personal assistant. Since COVID-19 hit, you may have added teacher, counselor, personal shopper and more to that list. You need some time to yourself, some relaxation and maybe some pampering. How do I know? Because I need it too! So I’ve come up with a list of self-care options in our area, things you can do at home and items that can be ordered online, so you can treat yourself.
– Sanctuary Spa and Skin is offering at home facial bundles.
– Studio Joy Pilates has an array of skin care and home products. One of my favorites is their calm spray and their calm candle. Or enroll in one of their classes.
– Natural Path Wellness Center has amazing bath bombs and other fun things to treat yourself.
– Turn off social media and the news for a day or an entire weekend. Give your mind a break from all the things going on in the world a bit.
– Go for a walk or a bike ride. Get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
– Garden Joy is a great place for a brief get-away. Bring a lunch and enjoy the beautiful garden. Kids can play in the open grass area, see all of the plants and flowers growing in the garden, walk through the tall corn stalks, and check out the fairy garden. It’s a great place to hang out with the kids for a bit. Any time the gates are open you are welcome to stop in.
– Head to the beach or a lake or anywhere for a hike. We love Knight’s Ferry, Half Moon Bay, or even Honda Hills right here in Ripon.
– Feel overwhelmed or alone? Call a friend; connect with someone. It’s okay to ask for help or offer help to someone you want to bless in some way. Open your eyes to those around you. Many are hurting and overwhelmed and missing regular social interaction. Find ways to connect. It truly feeds your soul.
– Many of our local restaurants are now offering outside dining options. Plan a night out with your husband or a friend. These are simple things, yet often we just need to take the time to plan it. Even if it’s last minute, it’s always worth it.
– If you can’t get away, then turn on some calming music, find a fun recipe to try, or get some outdoor crafts or water games for your kids to play with while you read a book or listen to a podcast.
Regardless of your preferences, take the time, and make the time for self-care. It’s not as much about what you do, or where you go, but more that you create a space for yourself both mentally and physically, to take care of yourself. And don’t feel guilty! The kids, the dishes, the laundry…it will all still be there when you get back.
To learn more about Rachael Venema Photography contact us today!
(209) 456-9353 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or click the Contact link at the top of our website.