Brand photography is more important than ever. We live in a highly visual world, and making that great first impression counts. Showing up consistently online can help your business stand out and grow. The biggest challenge for business owners is having visual content to share. Imagine having your own resource with branded images you can use across your sales and marketing channels. Every Northern CA business owner should consider a brand photography session to create their own resource of branded images to promote their business.
Today, we feature Jennifer Vollbrecht, the owner of J Vollbrecht Consulting. According to her website, J Vollbrecht Consulting is a preferred provider of outsourced project management for the Department Of Energy’s National Labs and Department of Transportation Projects. Not only is Jen an amazing business owner, but she’s also a veteran!
Here are my tips on how to plan your brand photography session.
How to Plan Your Brand Photography Session
1. Find Your Photographer – Research a Northern CA brand photographer that you know, like, and trust. Look for a photographer whose work you like with expertise in branding photography. Branding photography is a little different than other types of photography, such as family and newborn. As a photographer who does both, brand photography takes a little more careful coordination and planning to ensure you get all of the best images that you need. I also highly recommend reading your photographer’s reviews to see other clients’ experiences.
2. Your Session Goals – It really helps us plan out the rest of your session if you have clear goals for the brand session. During our initial conversation, I’ll ask more about your business, your brand, and your target audience. Knowing this information helps me plan your session.
3. Plan for Your Images – How are you going to use your images? During the initial conversation, I might ask what motivated or inspired you to reach out for your brand session. Are you working on a new website? Ready to kick start your social media? Your answers to these questions will guide us in creating your brand session shot list. I have an entire guide on how to use your brand photos here.
4. Brainstorm Looks and Poses – Let’s brainstorm some looks for your brand session and look for pose inspiration. I love to use Pinterest to create a shared board with my clients. We’ll look through Pinterest for inspiration, and I’ll ask if you have any other inspiration for the session. I’ve had clients send me images or links to social media accounts. Once we have a board of ideas, we can imagine how your custom brand session will look.
5. Create Brand Session Shot List – We’ll create your brand session shot list. The more detailed, the better, but know that we will go with the flow once we’re at the session. We might think of more ideas as we go along, but the shot list will be our guide and ensure you get the images needed.
6. Finalize Your Wardrobe and Location – Deciding the location(s) and what to wear can be challenging, but I’m here to help. We’ll go over location ideas together and select the perfect ones for your session. I offer wardrobe guidance with all my sessions so you feel comfortable and confident heading into your session.
7. Book Hair and Makeup – I highly recommend booking professional hair and makeup for your brand session. You’ll feel confident and amazing heading into the day. It also gives you a chance to relax and feel pampered before the session. I coordinate hair and makeup for my brand photography clients.
8. Session Day – Session day is here! Once we start the session, you can let it all go and enjoy the process. You don’t have to worry about being a model or love being in front of the camera. Just follow my gentle posing and have fun, and the images will turn out amazing.
Northern CA Brand Photographer
By following these steps, you’ll end up with brand photos that look and feel like your brand. You’ll have a library of content to choose from and use across all sales and marketing channels. As a Northern CA brand photographer, I love getting to know my brand clients and guiding them through this process. I’m with you every step of the way. If you want to schedule your initial conversation with me, please send me a message here.
Contact us today to schedule your family portrait session!
(209) 456-9353 or email@example.com
or click the Contact link at the top of our website.