So how do we go about photographing your newborn in an environment that is healthy and safe? Like numerous small businesses I’ve been pouring over state guidelines and creating new practices for Rachael Venema Photography to ensure that we can still create those magical images of your new, sweet bundle of joy.
- I disinfect my entire studio before/after each and every photo session
- I disinfect all equipment and any other items that are touched between each session
- Myself and any assistants working with me wash our hands and use hand sanitizer before and during sessions
- Myself and any assistants working with me wear masks throughout the session
- In the past, I have provided snacks and refreshments for my clients; at this time I have discontinued this practice to limit the amount of contact with items in the studio
If you’re a people-person like I am, these days of limited or no contact have been difficult. I pride myself on building relationships with the families I work with, and many times that means hugs and handshakes as a photo session begins or ends. However, your well-being and the well-being of your newborn is priority number one, so I will do whatever possible to create the loving images of you and your child while maintaining the necessary physical distancing and sanitization needed.
Note: All flowers in these images are from the amazing Dutch Roots Farm here in Ripon.