Your headshot is your first impression, so let’s make it count. You need a professional headshot for your LinkedIn, company website, and any other sales and marketing materials. The right professional image will help you establish a personal brand and make that great impression.
How long has it been since you updated your headshot? Years? Decades? You might wonder what is the rule of thumb for updating your headshot. Below, I offer five signs it’s time for a new headshot. Look here for tips on what to wear for your headshot.
Five Signs You Need an Updated Headshot
Here are five signs that it’s time for a new professional brand image. Did any of these surprise you?
1. You’ve Updated Your Look – An updated look could mean a number of things. Maybe you switched up your hair, got or got rid of glasses, changed your facial hair, lost weight, and the list goes on and on! Whether you’ve gone through major updating or a little bit, keeping your headshot up-to-date will help your online presence align with how you look in real life.
2. People Don’t Recognize You – Have you met someone in person for the first time at a networking event or meeting and heard, “I didn’t recognize you!” That’s usually a good sign that it’s time for a new image that accurately portrays you online.
3. You’re Leveling Up in Your Career – Did you get a new job or promotion? Maybe you are celebrating an anniversary or major milestone in your business. These are all great reasons to take the time for new imagery to boost your personal brand. This may also be a sign that it’s time for a full brand session to celebrate and promote your professional growth.
4. It’s Been Three or More Years – A general rule of thumb is to update your headshot around every two years. While that may sound like a lot to some, that’s a good timeframe to keep up with your changing appearance. So, if it’s been three or more years since your last headshot, now’s the time.
5. You Don’t Like Your Current Headshot – I actually hear this one frequently. If you simply don’t like your current image for any reason, it’s time to update. And with our custom image sessions, I promise you’ll end up with images of yourself that you’ll love and will be proud to show in your marketing.
If you recognize one or more of these signs, it’s time to schedule your headshot session.
Modesto, CA Business Brand Photography
If you dread taking your headshot, I highly recommend finding a photographer with a stress-free and efficient process. I want to make this a fun experience so that you’ll walk away with a new professional image that you love. My clients receive wardrobe and styling advice to feel confident on the day of their session. As a Certified Professional Photographer and business owner, I know how important your headshot and brand photography is for your professional brand. Feel free to reach out with any questions or to schedule your headshot session.
Contact us today to schedule your family portrait session!
(209) 456-9353 or email@example.com
or click the Contact link at the top of our website.