With school back in session, it’s definitely fall! Fall tends to be the most popular time to schedule annual family portraits. It’s the perfect time to capture your growing family, and it gives you enough time to have your photos done before Christmas card season.
When planning your family portrait session, an important step is choosing your location! During the planning process, I help my clients choose a meaningful location for their photos. Here, I share the best fall session locations in the Ripon and surrounding areas to give you some ideas.
Don’t forget another great option for your family portraits. My studio space in downtown Ripon offers easy access and a beautiful backdrop for your family photos.
Top 8 Fall Session Locations in Ripon
- Spring Creek Golf Course in Ripon, CA – This beautiful golf course provides various spots for amazing backdrops. Bonus if your family loves to golf, but this location is gorgeous even if you aren’t a golfing family.
2. Del Rio Country Club – Another great golf course option for family portraits! I have a few spots that I love photographing families in particular. Your friends and family may not even realize it’s a golf course!
3. Almond Orchard and Olive Trees – This session location is actually at a property in Ripon. I’m able to get permission to photograph clients here. This is one of my favorite locations because of its uniqueness!
4. Mavis Stouffer Park in Ripon, CA – Easy beautiful views and easy access, you can see why this is a popular fall session location! The park offers many beautiful spots for photos, including trees, walking trails, and the Stanislaus River.
5. Ripon Army Corps Park in Ripon, CA – Meet another park with easy access and lots of options for photo backdrops. There are lovely nature spots with trees, a bridge, and more river frontage.
7. Honda Hills in Ripon – This is a popular spot for families and seniors! You can see why. Its beautiful riverbank and trees offer amazing views. This is a popular location, but we’ll create a portrait that’s meaningful to your family!
- Private Property – If your family has their own private property that is special to you, then taking your family portraits there is a wonderful idea!
Bonus – Destination Locations for Family Portraits
A popular trend is having destination family portraits done! I know families who’ve gone to destinations like Pine Crest to Tahoe and took their family photos there. If that’s something you’re interested in, please let me know!
When to Schedule Your Family Photos this Year
I highly recommend reaching out to your family photographer as soon as possible to secure the date and choose the location. My calendar is filling up, so please contact me soon to schedule your session.