Fall is such a beautiful time of year in our area with lots of things to do with your family. As a mom of three, I’m always on the lookout for activities that my family can do together. Here are eleven things to do in the Fall from Ripon to Modesto, CA. Some are festivals, while some are outdoor activities and indoor activities. I hope you find something fun to do with your family!
11 Things to Do in the Fall
Here are just a few things you can do with your family this fall. Did I miss something? Let me know!
1. Main Street Day | Ripon, CA
Every Ripon resident looks forward to Main Street Day in October! This family-friendly event has something for everything, including a color run, antique fair, kids’ activities, live music, food, and so much more. Some of the highlights of this event are the car show and Ripon Consolidated Fire District pancake breakfast. The family friendly activities include your furry friends with a pet fashion show. For more information, please visit the Ripon Chamber of Commerce website.
2. Taste of Ripon | Ripon, CA
This isn’t actually until December, but worth including on the list. You don’t want to miss this delicious event that features local food and wine. The McManis Family Vineyards provide a beautiful glass to keep after you enjoy this annual wine stroll. For more information, please visit the Ripon Chamber of Commerce website.
3. Ripon Farmers Market | Ripon, CA
This beautiful farmer’s market is every Thursday from 5-8pm from May through September. The Ripon’s Farmer’s Market is a fundraiser for Garden Joy, which is a nonprofit community garden. You get to enjoy the splendor of the farmer’s market while knowing you’re supporting a wonderful cause.
4. Manteca Pumpkin Fair | Manteca, CA
The first weekend of October, the city of Manteca hosts its festive Pumpkin Fair. This family-friendly event has something for all ages. There’s live music and local food as well as a beer garden. The car show is a big favorite, and, of course, there’s a pumpkin growing contest. For more information, visit the Maneta Pumpkin Fair website.
5. Hike the Stanislaus River Trail from Knights Ferry | Knights Ferry, CA – Enjoy the outdoors with your family with this beautiful hike! The Stanislaus River Trail takes hikers along the picturesque river. You can start the trail at many different points, including Ripon. Parking at Knights Ferry, CA, allows you to walk across the historic bridge. For more information, visit the Knights Ferry website.
6. The State Theatre | Modesto, CA – Looking for fun indoors? If you haven’t been to the State Theatre in Modesto, I highly recommend checking it out! They offer an eclectic mix of movies and live music. You can see the upcoming lineup on their website here
7. Trick or Treat | Ripon, CA – Halloween is a highlight for many children. From getting to dress up in fun costumes to trick or treating, what’s not to get excited about? Luckily, Ripon’s Downtown Trick or Treat is the last Friday in October from 2-5pm. Visit the Ripon Chamber of Commer website for more information.
8. Apple Picking at Apple Hill | Pollock Pines, CA – While this farm is a bit of a drive from Ripon, it’s totally worth it. Apple Hill is a popular apple picking spot that also features farm-to-table dinners and other events. Visit their website for more information.
9. Dutch Hollow Farms | Modesto, CA – This beloved Modesto farm offers lots of family-friendly activities. Your kids will love experiencing farm animals, hay rides, checking out the corn maze, or choosing the perfect pumpkin. Visit their website for more information.
10. Fall Day Trip to Sacramento, CA – Taking the train to Sacramento is the perfect way to spend a fall day with your family. Your family will love the view from the train ride that arrives right in the beautiful downtown Old Sacramento. There’s a lot to explore and enjoy, so it depends on what interests your family. Start planning your trip here.
12. Bloomingcamp Ranch | Oakdale, CA
Bloomingcamp Ranch is beautiful any time of year, but fall is especially beautiful! Stop by the farm store and spend some time enjoying the park and picnic area. Visit their website for more information about the farm store and check out upcoming events. As an added bonus, Bloomingcamp Ranch is the perfect location for family portraits.
Spending Time with Your Family this Fall
As you can see, there’s so much to do with your family in this area. Fall can be busy with the kids back in school and everyone back to their routine, but carve out some family time! If you haven’t yet, I highly recommend scheduling your family portrait session so you can look forward to that as well.
Contact us today to schedule your family portrait session!
(209) 456-9353 or email@example.com
or click the Contact link at the top of our website.